Best Yogurt Makers My Joy List of Top 50 Brands (Updated 2019-2020) With Buyer Guide
One of those devices that make our lives easier at home is the yogurt maker. Nowadays we see in a more common way different appliances that help us prepare different foods that we used to buy directly outside, helping us in terms of money consumption and quality of the food we now eat.
Read Also: How To Make Frozen Yogurt at Home.
The yogurt maker helps us prepare homemade yogurt without worrying about dyes, preservatives, and sugars that industrial yogurts contain.
Although for some of these products were considered forgotten, they have now been reused, combined with the most advanced products that allow us to obtain perfect and healthy results. Among the most prominent in the market for its characteristics.
Which Yogurt maker to choose?
As we have already mentioned, technology has come to our aid, so preparing yogurt has become very simple.
The same cannot be said about the choice of yogurt maker, since there are many models with different characteristics, to understand which one is right for us, simple valuations must be taken into account.
Let’s start with the budget, for example, to understand how much you are willing to spend, but especially the use you want to make of the device and for how many people you want to use it.
- The base: it is important that it is very stable and adheres to the surface.
- Cover: better if it is transparent to observe the interior and with handles.
- The coating must be solid: hard plastic or metal.
- Led display with various functions
- Power: at least 13-20 W
- Several jars: Calculate how many people you have at home and how much yogurt you consume.
Benefits of a Yogurt Maker
A yogurt maker is a tool that allows you to easily make yogurt at home, it is mainly composed of a base that heats glass containers and plastic containers.
When the mixture is distributed in the containers, wait 8 hours or more to see the result. The fermentation is given by a constant temperature between 40 ° C and 50 ° C.
Among the benefits offered by having a domestic yogurt maker, we can mention the following …
The first benefit will be the savings we will have since we will get a good quality yogurt without having to spend so much money on our weekly purchase.
We will also have a healthier product, choosing what ingredients we want in them, such as making them without lactose or with soy milk.
Thanks to this device, we can exploit our imagination to create new flavors and dessert combinations.
With this type of appliance, the options are endless since only by adding the ingredients and let the machine do its magic, we will have a quality product, comparable to those found in any supermarket. So if you are looking for an appliance that allows you to give a personalized and healthy touch to your desserts and meals,! This is the one!
To choose the best yogurt maker we must evaluate the following points, which will allow you to find in the market one that suits you perfectly.
The yogurt is not only healthy to eat at breakfast or as a snack food but also is suitable for recipes and sweets from different culinary cultures. If we have made this yogurt with our hands and we have carefully selected ingredients, the taste and satisfaction are even greater.
But how exactly does a yogurt maker work?
It is a kind of “incubator” that helps keep yogurt bacteria warm to make them grow. The process lasts very little and during all this time the yogurt maker must maintain a constant temperature of about 40 ° C.
There are different models of yogurt available in the market, and in the following sections, we will analyze what factors to take into account when choosing the model that makes our case.
The manufacturing materials must be adequate and easy to clean since you will use it constantly, and when it comes to food it must be completely impeccable, the most recommended is the glass for the glasses for its ease of cleaning and they are more hygienic.
The tops of these yogurt making machines must be made of plastic as well as the rest of the parts thereof. If you are using a dishwasher, you should evaluate that it is suitable for damage. The lid and outer parts must be able to withstand heat.
Once you have chosen the type that best suits your needs, it will be helpful to take a look at the performance of the yogurt maker. It is not only a matter of power but also, for example, of what can be prepared and how long it takes.
Let’s examine these aspects in detail:
- Making cheese: Did you know that in some models it is also possible to make fresh cheese? Or milk-based desserts? A feature that is only present in the most advanced models, but that allows us to expand the range of homemade products, especially appreciated by foodies or who aspire to be as independent as possible from supermarkets and factory products.
- Consumption: The main task of this appliance is to maintain a temperature of about 40 ° C for several hours so that bacteria can start fermentation. For this reason, they usually have a low power of about 15 W, which allows you to keep your consumption and your bill low. A slightly higher potency is only necessary in those models that allow you to prepare creamy cheeses, but there are very rare cases in which you have a model with a potency greater than 50 W.
- Preparation time: the preparation time is also quite standardized since fermentation requires a defined number of hours. On average, yogurt reaches the correct consistency in 8-12 h.
As we have seen, the preparation times are quite long and it is unthinkable to believe that during all that time the fermentation process is constantly monitored. For this reason, many models are equipped with accessory functions that will allow you to engage in other things while the milk is transformed into yogurt.
Let’s see in detail what are the most common that can be found:
- Automatic shutdown: this is undoubtedly the main function that should never be missing in any yogurt maker. A model that does not have it would force to regularly control the fermentation process to turn off the machine at the exact moment it ends and prevent it from continuing to consume power unnecessarily. The auto power-off function allows you to avoid having to worry about preparation, as it will turn off at the right time. Some models have an acoustic warning that alerts you when the preparation is finished.
- Timer: it offers the advantage of being able to control how much time is left until the end of the preparation so that it can be organized and prevent the yogurt, once ready, remains too long out of the refrigerator. Some of them, in addition to their clock function, also allow you to extend the preparation over time. A variation of the timer is the reminder function, which works like a real-time disk: the cover shows the hours of the day, while a pointer is placed on the base. In this way it is possible, turning the lid, to mark the moment in which the preparation will end, so as not to forget it and turn off the machine on time. See Better Yogurt Makers With Timer.
- Display: Finally, the presence of an LED display, possibly with backlit keys, is undoubtedly an added value, especially for those models with different functions (as mentioned above). The screen not only allows you to check exactly the remaining time until the end of the preparation but also to check which functions are active to keep everything under control at all times.
How does a yogurt maker work?
As it has a simple operation, you just need to place the glasses, turn on and let it work in a cycle between 8 and 12 h depending on the point and the texture you want.
To avoid passing the yogurt past the time it is recommended to purchase one that has a control system and programmable timer so that you always get the ideal point.
With this function, you can adjust the cooking time, intensity and other variables depending on your taste in yogurt. You can also find in the market models of yogurteras that have a deferred start option, which allows you to have the yogurt made for the necessary time since its activation time can be programmed.
What if I want a Yogurt maker to make a good cheese?
Too pretentious? Absolutely!
Some brands of yogurts offer the possibility of preparing fresh cheese spread. In these devices, the temperature levels can be adjusted in two different temperatures: one for yogurt, which, as we have said, is around 40-43 ° C, and another for cheese, which is lower, around 30 ° C.
In addition to the supply of yogurt jars, they also include cheese preparation. Again, there is no need to say that you can let your imagination fly, creating cheeses with pepper, pistachio, and more flavor.
For example, the Tefal Multidelices yogurt maker, with an LCD screen, allows you to make not only natural yogurt but also cheese and homemade dairy desserts, accompanied by a complete recipe book.
Preparing your yogurts has become easier, without spending hours in the kitchen or spending a lot of money in the store, a yogurt maker will do all the work and give you better results.
See The Complete Joy List here
|SPECIFICATIONS||CAPACITY DIMENSIONS||RATING with RANKING||PRICE|
3.12lb Jar Capacity,(1.5L)
Digital time display; 120 volts
|42 oz (7 jars of 6 oz)||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
Euro Cuisine Automatic Yogurt Maker
|Seven - 6oz Glass containers|
Timer on the side marks time
|9.5 x 9.5 x 5.75 in||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Transform up to 2qt|
Making Greek Yogurt
BPA Free components
Offers free 30 days Return
|10 x 10 x 5.25 in||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Double the capacity|
Extra Glass Jars
BPA Free Lids
Offers free 30 days Return
|25.4 x 25.4 x 13.3 cm||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Rated voltage: 110 - 120V 50/60Hz|
Time setting: 0-48H
Temperature setting: 68-131°F
|14.5 x 7.5 x 5.7 inches||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Greek-style yogurt and soft cheese|
Compact for easy storage.
Includes - 1.8 and 1.6 litre containers
3 years Return Policy.
|26.4 x 21 x 17.4 cm||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Eight Glass Jar with lid|
BPA Free Lids
Glass Jars are dishwasher safe
6 oz. capacity
Can be used for canning as well
|2.5 x 2.5 x 3.2 inches||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|on/off switch with pilot light|
with memory dial
Easy to use
|23.6 x 23.4 x 12.4 cm||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
COMPACT + LIGHTWEIGHT:
QUICK + EASY:
Backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty
|16.5 x 19.8 x 17.3 cm||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Acrylic Catch Container|
Fine Mesh yogurt Strainer
Sealing lid/Serving Tray
Dimension : 10 x 10 x 5.25 inches
|25.4 x 25.4 x 13.3 cm ; 340 g||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|waterproof touch-panel design | Automatic switch off|
2L Borosilicate glass container (1.5L glass container available for separate purchase). 220-240V ~ 50/60Hz 300W
|2L Borosilicate glass container||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|