Welcome to Recipes with Greek Yogurt; chalked full of recipes where Greek Yogurt is the star or a super side-kick, Check Below Our Yummy Recipes.
1- Key Lime Pie;
Want a nice dessert to a great dinner? Why not consider making something that is not that difficult while adding a nice twist to your dessert. I am talking about Key Lime Pie, made with Greek Yogurt. You will enjoy the tart-ness of the pie, while exploring something bold but ultimately…YUMMY! –
5 Egg Yolks
1 Cup of Greek Yogurt, Vanilla flavored
14-OZ of Low-fat Milk, Sweetened and Condensed
1/4 Cup of freshly squeezed lime juice
1 Tablespoon and Lime Zest
9-INCH prepared Graham Crust Bottom
Some low-fat whipping cream for the topping
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and whisk together the egg yolks, the Greek Yogurt, the condensed milk, the lime juice and zest.
2) Then pour the filing in the graham crust bottom and then bake for 18 minutes.
3) Then let cool in the refrigerator for about an hour and then when ready to server, add the whipping cream.
2- Butternut Squash Soup
A popular choice all year round for those who enjoy a great bowl of soup! And with autumn in the air in some parts of Canada and the US, a soup is both hearty and a quick-warmer-upper! Have you ever considered trying Butternut Squash Soup with low-fat Greek Yogurt? If you have not, maybe you should because with the richness of the Greek Yogurt and the low-fat content, you will have a winner, that you can keep eating and eating, without worrying about you know what!
1 Butternut Squash
1 Onion, chopped thickly
2 Carrots, chopped thickly
2 Celery Stalks, chopped thickly
3 Cloves of garlic chopped up
2 Apples, peeled then diced
5 Fresh Sage Leaves
1L of Chicken Stock
1 Cup of Apple Juice
2/3 Cup of Greek Yogurt, Nonfat if you prefer
Olive Oil, as desired
1) First, peel and dice the butternut squash into 1 Inch pieces, removing the seeds and the pulp. Then add some olive oil, salt and pepper and roast the butternut squash at 375 Degrees F for about 45 minutes.
2) While the butternut squash is in the oven, add chopped onion, carrots, celery and garlic to a soup pot with some olive oil and salt and pepper. Cook all these over a medium heat until the onions looks faint and you can see through them.
3) Then, add the diced apples and sage leaves to the pot and cook for about 10 minutes.
4) After the squash has been cooked, add it to the soup pot, along with the apple juice and chicken stock. If needed, add water to bring the total amount of liquid to about an inch over the butternut squash and let simmer for about 20.
5) Then remove the soup pot and blend (works best with an immersion) until smooth, and add salt and pepper for taste.
6) Then place the soup back on a low heat and then add 2 tablespoons of the Greek Yogurt. Stir it well over the heat.
7) Then with the remainder of the Greek Yogurt, throw it into a sandwich bag, tighten it, cut a tiny corner and pip the rest of the Greek Yogurt with a nice design or whatever works for you.
3- Greek Yogurt Zucchini Bread
Are you a fan of Zucchini Bread? Ever tried with Greek Yogurt? Well, as our name says, what else will you expect in a recipe. Try something fresh, different and delicious when you choose to make your next zucchini bread with Greek Yogurt.
1/2 cup 0% Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/3 cup of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of honey
3 tablespoons of a very ripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup of brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 cup of blended oat flour
1 cup of white flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 cup grated zucchini, lightly packed
1) First, dry the zucchini so it is not too wet in the bread, then preheat the oven to 325 degrees and then lightly grease and flour a bread pan.
2) In a separate bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, the vanilla extract, the large egg, the coconut oil and the honey.
3) Then in a small bowl, mash up the riped banana and then mix the brown sugar.
4) Then in a separate bowl, mix together the blended oat flour, the flour, the baking soda, some salt and cinnamon.
5) Then add the dry mix together with the wet and combine nicely. Make sure you do not over-mix. Then, stir in the grated zucchini.
6) Then pour the mixture into a prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes. Test by inserting a toothpick into the center, and if it comes clean.
Cold outside? Is you live in the northeastern part of the US or Canada, the warm summer days are being replaced with shorter and colder wintery days. How to deal with the cold weather? How about some hearty meals that will warm you up and leave you satisfied at the same time. One such meal, Turkey Meatloaf…made with Greek Yogurt.
2 Cups of Non-fat Greek Yogurt
1/2 Cup of chopped Cilantro
1 Tsp of Cumin
1 Tsp of Chili Powder, ground and divided into 2 halves
1 cup of salsa, divided
2 Lbs of ground turkey
1 cup of tortilla chips, crushed
1 Cup of frozen corn, thawed through
1 Cup of canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1) First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and in a bowl, mix together the Greek Yogurt, the salsa, the cilantro, the cumin and chili powder.
2) Then, mix together the ground turkey, crushed chips, egg, leftover yogurt and salsa mixture, the corn, black beans and form into a loaf.
3) Then place the creation, onto a shallow baking sheet and bake for 60 minutes.
4) Then, let the meatloaf stand for about 10 minutes before you begin to slice and serve.
Also Check out this list of top books on yogurt making and recipes.
Author: Sonia Uzevian
This is one of the most popular books on yogurt.
It contains more than 300 flavor packed recipes. There is a special section on frozen yogurt. The international dishes listed include from India to Middle east to Carribean, French and European dishes among others.
The authentic recipes make it a must to accompany if you are buying a yogurt maker. Check out more and take a look on The Book of Yogurt by Sonia Uzevian Click Here
Beginners Guide to Making Homemade Cheese, Butter & Yogurt: Delicious Recipes Perfect for Every Beginner! (Homesteading Freedom)
Author: Carson Wyatt
Beginners Guide to Making Homemade Cheese, Butter & Yogurt will teach you what you need to make homemade cheese, real butter, and even healthy yogurt.
Home Dairy with Ashley English: All You Need to Know to Make Cheese, Yogurt, Butter & More (Homemade Living)
Author: Ashley English
It is an elaborate book with illustrations which lists steps on making yogurt, kefir, cheese, keifer. A good guide if you want to learn more about making dairy products other than yogurt.
Author: Lauren Kelly
Author: Arto Der Haroutunian
There are over 200 recipes. These include dishes from Armenia, India Europe, Russia, Greece and more.
You get all recipes from desserts, appetizers and main course.